Acceptable Use Policy
The Wizard Communication Systems, Inc
Acceptable Use Policy
has been formulated with the
following goals in mind:
- Provide a secure and reliable network for Wizard Communication Systems subscribers
- Preserve the privacy and security of individual subscribers
- Avoid situations that may cause Wizard Communication Systems to incur civil liability
- Maintain the image and reputation of Wizard Communication Systems as a responsible
- Preserve the value of Internet resources as a conduit for free
- Encourage the responsible use of net resources, discouraging
practices which degrade the usability of network resources and thus the
value of Internet services
The Acceptable Use Policy below defines the actions which Wizard Communication Systems
considers to be abusive, and thus, strictly prohibited. The examples named
in this list are non-exclusive, and are provided solely for guidance to
Wizard Communication Systems subscribers. If you are unsure whether any contemplated use or
action is permitted, please send mail to email@example.com and we will
Please note that the actions listed below are also not permitted from
other Internet Service Providers on behalf of, or to advertise, any
service hosted by Wizard Communication Systems, or connected via the Wizard Communication Systems network.
Furthermore, such services may not be advertised via deceptive marketing
policies, as defined by the
Commission Deception Policy Statement.
System and Network Security
- Subscribers are prohibited from transmitting on or through any of
Wizard Communication Systems's services, any material that is, in Wizard Communication Systems's sole
discretion, in violation of any local, state, or federal law.
- Wizard Communication Systems services may only be used for lawful purposes.
Transmission, distribution, or storage of any information, data or
material in violation of United States or state regulation or law, or
by the common law, is prohibited. This includes, but is not limited
to, material protected by copyright, trademark, trade secret, or any
other statute. Wizard Communication Systems reserves the right to remove such illegal
material from its servers.
- The subscriber is responsible for keeping his billing data with
Wizard Communication Systems up-to-date and accurate. Furnishing false data on the signup
form, contract, or online application, including fraudulent use of
credit card numbers, is grounds for immediate termination, and may
subject the offender to civil or criminal liability.
- Subscribers may not attempt to circumvent subscriber
authentication or security of any host, network, or account
("cracking"). This includes, but is not limited to, accessing data not
intended for the subscriber, logging into a server or account the
subscriber is not expressly authorized to access, or probing the
security of other networks.
- Subscribers may not attempt to interfere with service to any
subscriber, host, or network ("denial of service attacks"). This
includes, but is not limited to, "flooding" of networks, deliberate
attempts to overload a service, and attempts to "crash" a host.
- Subscribers may not use any kind of program/script/command, or
send messages of any kind, designed to interfere with a subscriber's
terminal session, via any means, locally or by the Internet.
- Subscribers who violate systems or network security may incur
criminal or civil liability. Wizard Communication Systems will cooperate fully with
investigations of violations of systems or network security at other
sites, including cooperating with law enforcement authorities in the
investigation of suspected criminal violations.
- Harassment, whether through language, frequency, or size of
messages, is prohibited.
- Subscribers may not send email to any person who does not wish to
receive it. If a recipient asks to stop receiving email, the
subscriber must not send that person any further email.
- Subscribers are explicitly prohibited from sending unsolicited
bulk mail messages ("junk mail" or "Spam"). This includes, but is not
limited to, bulk-mailing of commercial advertising, informational
announcements, and political tracts. Such material may only be sent to
those who have explicitly requested it.
- Malicious email, including but not limited to "mailbombing"
(flooding a subscriber or site with very large or numerous pieces of
email), is prohibited.
- Forging of header information is not permitted.
- Wizard Communication Systems accounts or services may not be used to collect replies
to messages sent from another Internet Service Provider, where those
messages violate this Acceptable Use Policy or the Acceptable Use
Policy of that other provider.
- Pornographic sites of any type are prohibited on our servers. This
includes any webpages that may display or promote adult sexual content.
- Pornography and sex-related merchandising are prohibited on our servers. This
includes sites that may infer sexual content, or link to adult content elsewhere.
- This is also true for sites that promote any illegal activity or content that
may be damaging to our servers or any other server on the internet. Links to such
materials are also prohibited.
- Examples of non-acceptable content or links:
- Pirated software or Warez Sites.
- Hackers programs or archives.
- Irc Bots.
- We will be the sole arbiter as to what constitutes a violation of this provision.
IRC (Internet Relay Chat)
- Wizard Communication Systems provides a partially censored newsfeed. All materials
which have been determined illegal such as child pornography has been filtered out to
the best of Wizard Communication Systems knowledge. The remaining content has been split
into two separate servers, one for general use and one for the remaining adult material
which has been determined "legal" material. The use of the second or "Adult" newserver
is prohibited to anyone under the age of 18 years.
- Wizard Communication Systems does
not control the content of all the newsgroups available to its
subscribers. Wizard Communication Systems is not responsible for the content of any
USENET posting, whether or not the posting was made by a Wizard Communication Systems
- Postings to USENET newsgroups must comply with the written
charters or FAQs for those newsgroups. Advertisements should only be
posted in those newsgroups whose charters/FAQs explicitly permit them.
The poster is responsible for determining the etiquette of a given
newsgroup, prior to posting to it.
- Subscribers are prohibited from posting the same or similar
message to large numbers of newsgroups (excessive cross-posting or
multiple-posting, also known as "USENET Spam").
- Subscribers are prohibited from posting chain letters of any type.
- Subscribers are prohibited from posting binary files to newsgroups
not specifically named for that purpose.
- Subscribers are prohibited from canceling or superseding posts
other than their own, with the exception of official newsgroup
moderators performing their duties.
- Subscribers are prohibited from forging header information. This
includes attempting to circumvent the approval process for posting to
a moderated newsgroup.
- A subscriber may not solicit mail to be sent to an e-mail address
that is not their own and that they are not authorized by the owner of
the address to solicit mail to.
- IRC robots ("bots" or "clones") may not be run from Wizard Communication Systems
- Subscribers may not attempt to impersonate others or use IRC
anonymously by disguising their hostname or username.
- Subscribers are prohibited from using IRC scripts or programs that
interfere with or deny service to other subscribers on any server or
host. subscribers are also prohibited from engaging in activities
which harass other subscribers. This includes, but is not limited to,
"flooding" (rapidly entering text with the intent to fill the screens
of others), "flashing" (disrupting terminal emulation), "takeovers"
(forcibly seizing operator privileges), attempting to send private
messages to those who do not wish to see them (via "ignore"),
attempting to return to a channel after being banned from it, and
other disruptive behaviors.
- Wizard Communication Systems dialup accounts are intended for interactive use by the subscriber
and his or her immediate family only. In the case of business accounts, use is extended to authorized
staff, management, and executives.
- Wizard Communication Systems accounts operate on shared resources. Subscribers
are prohibited from excessive consumption of resources, including CPU
time, memory, and disk space. The use of resource-intensive programs
which negatively impact other system subscribers or the performance of
Wizard Communication Systems systems or networks is prohibited, and Wizard Communication Systems staff may
take action to limit or terminate such programs.
- Password security is the responsibility of the individual
subscriber. Good passwords should be a minimum of six characters long,
contain at least two upper case characters, two lowercase characters, two numbers and/or symbols, and
should not based on any
dictionary word or common name. Subscribers are responsible for any
use of their account.
- Multiple logins, including the use of an account by two or more people simultaneously,
are prohibited except as allowed by written agreement. Violation of this will result in the
assessment of additional charges to the account holders account. Additional charges may be
charged against the account holders standard method of payment without prior notice.
[ Company ]
[ History ]
[ Facilities ]
[ Policies ]
[ Contacts ]
[ Home ]